31 May 6 Things Every Woman Should Know About Her Skin
If there is one thing that every woman knows, it is that nothing can beat a youthful, glowing complexion. Our skin is such an important part of our appearance, of who we are and of how we feel about ourselves. A great complexion can give you confidence and help you feel youthful and vibrant. It is also the base of any great makeup routine.
Most women know they want great skin, but they still don’t know a great deal about what it takes to get that great skin. With this in mind, here are six essential things that every woman should know about her skin.
- Your Skin Is One of the First Things That Ages. While most women are enjoying many of the perks of their youth in their twenties, your skin can actually start aging during this time in your life. Your skin is one of the first things that begins aging, so even if you are in your twenties, you need to start taking anti-aging steps to keep it looking fresh and youthful.
- The Older You Get, The More You Need to Exfoliate. Did you know as you age, your skin loses its natural ability to shed dead skin and exfoliate itself. This can lead to lines, dry skin and a dull complexion. Make sure you are exfoliating regularly to help your skin shed those dead cells away.
- Moisturize, Moisturize and then Moisturize Again for Good Measure. The more hydrated your skin is, the better it is going to look. You simply can’t moisturize enough. If you have oily skin, you still need to moisturize. In fact, it will help reduce oiliness and help you find a balance.
- The Key to Clean Skin is Clear Pores. Many women think that only women with blackheads need to clear out their pores. This isn’t true. Clear pores mean clean skin. Even if you don’t have blackheads or whiteheads (lucky you), you still need to clear your pores to keep your skin clean. Deep clean those pores, even if you don’t have oily skin—it will only keep your complexion looking its best.
- Toning is key. Most women know that they need to cleanse and moisturize, but there is another important step in there—toning. Find a great toner that can help maintain proper skin pH balance. It will help with skin tone, improve oiliness and help other products and treatments soak into your skin better.
- Say No to the Sun. The average woman should know this, but it is so important that it needs repeating. Nothing is going to damage your skin and cause wrinkles quite like the sun. Plus, it can also increase your chances of developing cancer. Also, SPF that is in makeup does not count so make sure to lather on the sunscreen whenever you go outdoors.
Here at Heritage Family Medicine and Aesthetics, we have a number of different skincare treatments and services available. For more information, or to set up a consultation call us at 817-318-7859 and get one step closer to the healthy, glowing skin you have always wanted.