10 Oct 5 Healthy Ways to Boost Your Metabolism
There is nothing as frustrating as dealing with a slow metabolism. There are so many of us that remember our younger days when we could eat whatever we wanted and not worry about the residual weight gain to come. Unfortunately, as we age, our metabolism is one of the first things to slow down. This is why it is so important to know healthy, natural ways you can boost that metabolism and get it working the way you want it to.
- Introduce More Protein into Your Diet- Did you know that eating food can boost your metabolism for a few hours? However, you need to make sure that you eat the right foods to get this effect. If you eat protein, you will not only feel more full and enjoy a boosted metabolism, but you won’t have as many issues with overeating.
- Eat More Throughout the Day- The old piece of advice about eating multiple meals throughout the day really does hold true. As we just talked about eating will actually boost your metabolism. Of course, eating too much will pack on the calories that your metabolism can’t burn off, so you need to find a happy medium. This is why eating lots of small healthy meals and snacks throughout the day is great for the metabolism.
- Drink Lots of Cold Water- This is a great way to help you feel full, and it is completely calorie free. Even better? Drinking water may temporarily speed up your metabolism. If it is cold water, your body is also going to use energy to warm it up to your body temperature.
- Do High-Intensity Workouts- HIIT or High-Intensity Interval Training involves very intense bursts of activity. It can boost your metabolic rate and help you burn more fat—even after your workout is done.
- Adopt A Metabolism-Boosting Meal Program- Optifast program is the best way to get the weight loss results you have always wanted. Optifast is a meal replacement strategy that gradually transitions into homemade meals. This is one of the best ways to kickstart your metabolism because it adopts a gradual process that changes your eating habits.
Here at Heritage Family Medicine and Aesthetics, we proudly offer weight management solutions such as our Optifast program that can help you get the results you’ve always wanted. We are happy to help you see first hand just what Optifast can do for you, so give us a call at 817-318-7859 to set up an appointment today.